Monday, 2/2 * Last day to purchase yearbook for $42; $48 after today Friday, 2/6 * Progress Report Grades available in Aeries Tuesday, 2/10 * Mile Challenge run during P.E.
*Donation packets due in homeroom
Monday, 2/16 * No School - Washington's Birthday observed Tuesday, 2/24 * IUSD Science Fair at Irvine High School Friday, 2/27 * SLMS Talent Show
South Lake's annual Mile Challenge will take place on Tuesday, February 10 during each P.E. class throughout the day. It's not only a great way to support our school, but also a way for the students to challenge themselves physically. Money raised through this event will be used immediately to continue funding programs and activities for the current school year. Student envelopes are due back by February 20, 2015.
* Purchase your copy of the 2014-15 South Lake Yearbook for $42 by this Monday, February 2nd!
* Yearbooks purchased after February 2nd will cost $48.
* Order forms can be found here & in the front office.
CAASPP Testing 2015
All students have been sent home with a letter for parents/guardians regarding this year's California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) which includes Smarter Balanced testing. The letter can be viewed by clicking on this link.
* Testing will occur through 7th grade science & 8th grade history classes on April 15-17; April 20, 22, 23; April 28, 29; May 6, 7; and 8th grade science on May 20, 21.
* To accommodate this state testing, it will be necessary for all students to have a full day of school on TUESDAY, APRIL 28. Zero Period/Extended Day P.E. will be held at 7:05 a.m. on this day.
Local Control Funding Formula
California’s budget for 2013-14 brought major changes to the way school funding is allocated, with the goal of channeling greater resources to the students who need them most. To learn more about the state’s new Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) and IUSD's Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP), click here.
Office 365 for Education
Irvine Unified School District is excited to support our students' success by providing all enrolled students with five full copies of Office 365 ProPlus at no cost. Students are able to download this software for home use on a PC, Mac, or mobile device thanks to our partnership with Microsoft.
Fore more information, please visit this page on the IUSD website.